111 West Water Street
Toms River, NJ 08753
The Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Recognized by NEW JERSEY MONTHLY as a Jersey Choice Top Doctor in 2014.
Dr. Fox has been providing quality Orthopedic care for his patients in Ocean & Monmouth Counties since 1989. Dr. Fox is a board certified, fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon.
Dr. Fox (FOX ORTHOPEDICS) and the Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine are the team orthopedic surgeons for Lacey Township High School Football for over 20 years and are also the team doctors for the New Jersey Warriors, an Ocean and Monmouth Counties junior college football team. In 2005, Dr. Fox was also the Head team physician for the New Jersey X-treme professional indoor football team, playing its home games at the Continental Airlines Arena.
Dr. Fox specializes in all aspects of Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery, especially shoulders, knees and endoscopic carpaltunnel surgery. COSM is located in both Ocean and Monmouth counties. The doctors at COSM treat all types of orthopedic conditions such as arthritis, trauma (fractures, extremity and back injuries) and specializes in competitive and recreational athletes. We also perform partial knee replacements.
Dr. Fox is the official orthopedic doctor for ESSA SPORTS PERFORMANCE CENTER, a training center in Tinton Falls, N.J. that provides explosive strength, speed and agility training for athletes.
He is also the official orthopedic doctor for THE SPORTS CENTER, a state-of-the-art training facility in Wall Twp, N.J. for baseball, football, softball, as well as, speed training and strength and conditioning programs.
PRP, Stem Cell and Tenex Procedures
The doctors at The Center For Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (COSM) perform PRP and Stem Cell Procedures
that stimulate and enhance healing of bone and soft tissue injuries, such as tendons and ligiments. These procedures, which we commonly perform on athletes, enhance healing and are an alternative to surgery. The American Academy of Othopedic Surgery (AAOS) named this as the hottest topic in orthopedics.
COSM is one of the top stem cell procedure practices in Ocean and Monmouth Counties. We are the only practice that will perform these stem cell procedures with no payment from the patient in most cases (most patients qualify).
Drs. Fox, Agesen and Dunn perform the Tenex procedure for all tendon problems. This is a minimally invasive, ultrasound guided, non-surgical approach to eliminate scar tissue and regenerate tendons, which is a source of chronic pain in joints such as elbows (including tennis elbow), knees (patella tendon and quadriceps tendon), as well as Achilles tendon, plantar fasciitis and shoulders. The doctors at COSM also combine the stem cell procedures and the Tenex procedure.
Alternatives to Knee Replacement Surgery
The doctors at COSM perform Viscoelastic Supplementation/Hyaluronic acid injections for arthritis. These injections offer both is a lubrication and shock absorption for the knee and are an excellent alternative to surgery.
Total knee replacement surgery is not indicated in certain circumstances nor desirable to the patient. We perform many minimally invasive alternatives to total knee replacement surgery.
Please refer to the section about Dr. Fox for additional alternatives. (Click here.)
COSM also specializes in PAIN MANAGEMENT and PHYSIATRY, including all back and neck ailments, and performs specialized procedures such as epidural injections, radio frequency, EMGS/NCS, etc. COSM also handles Workers Compensation and Motor Vehicle Injuries.
The Board Certified physicians at COSM perform surgeries and procedures at Physicians' SurgiCenter in Toms River, Metropolitan Surgery Center in South Amboy, as well as Community Medical Center, an affiliate of Barnabas Health in Toms River.
COSM also performs BONE DENSITOMETRY and BODY MASS INDEX (BMI) tests to diagnose conditions such as osteoporosis and evaluate the overall health of athletes and non-athletes. He has been the Head Team PHYSICIAN for the prestigious New York/New Jersey Governorís Bowl Football Classic, held at Rutgers University from 1999-2009. In 2009, Dr. Fox was honored and inducted into the Governorís Bowl Hall of Fame. In 2000 he was the Official Team Doctor for the National High School Football All-Star Classic held in Dallas, Texas, and nationally televised. From 2007 to 2016 Dr. Fox has been the Head Team Physician for the U.S. Army Ocean/Monmouth Football All-Shore Gridiron Classic (click here).
- 2017 - Named official team physicians for the NEW JERSEY WARRIORS.
- 2016 - Inducted into the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS for being a top doctor in his field.
- 2014 - recognized by New Jersey Monthly as a JERSEY CHOICE TOP DOCTOR
- 2014 - Recognized as one of "AMERICA'S TOP ORTHOPEDISTS"
- 2002/2003 -named One of Americaís Top Surgeons in the Guide to Americaís Top Surgeons for Orthopedic Surgery
- 2007 - named the "NEW JERSEY SPORTS DOCTOR OF THE YEAR" by NIKE
- 2012 - recognized in NJ TOP DOCS FOR ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY & SPORTS MEDICINE
- 1999-2009 Ė HEAD TEAM PHYSICIAN FOR THE NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY GOVERNORíS BOWL CLASSIC
- 2009 - INDUCTED INTO THE GOVERNORíS BOWL HALL OF FAME
- 2000 - Official Team Doctor for the National High School Football All-Star Classic held in Dallas, Texas and nationally televised
- 2007-2016 ĖHEAD TEAM PHYSICIAN FOR THE U.S. ARMY OCEAN/MONMOUTH FOOTBALL ALL-SHORE CLASSIC
- 1993-1996 - Sports Medicine Director for the
Ocean County Professional Sports Care, which was a sports medicine and therapy entity started by the New York Giants Team Physician and Trainer.
- 2005 - Official Team Physician for the the New Jersey X-treme, Professional Indoor Arena Football Team, playing their games at Continental Airlines Arena
- 1996-1997 - Team physician for South Jersey for New Jersey State Allstar Games held at Rutgers University and The College of New Jersey,
- 2006 - Featured in the "Asbury Park Press" in an article highlighting one of his patients, a Professional Football Athlete, making his comeback from major surgery
- 1997 - one of the major sponsors for the Asbury Park Ocean-Monmouth All Shore Football Classic held at Brick High School
- 1997 - Sponsor and guest speaker at the 1997 First Annual Shore Conference Football Coaches Association Banquet in Eatontown, New Jersey
- 1997 - Honored by Community Medical Centerís Board of Trustees and Senior Management for Patient Satisfaction
- 1994 - Named one of the 10 Outstanding Citizens in New Jersey in 1994 by the N.J. Jaycees.
- Served as the Dover Township Police Orthopedic Surgeon
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- NJ Medical Society – Alternate Delegate
- American Medical Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- New Jersey Orthopedic Society
- Eastern Orthopedic Association (past)
- Lake Placid Sports Medicine Society for the Winter Olympics
- Rutgers University – (New Brunswick, NJ)
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ – (Newark, NJ)
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine – (Bronx, NY)
- University of Florida – (Gainesville, FL)
Read about Dr. Fox on Healthgrades.com
Dr. Fox is proud of his service to and association with top professional athletes and luminaries in a variety of sports.
Harold Cross - Played tight end for 12 years with the New York Giants. Part of Super Bowl XXV winning team.
Keith Elias - Lacey Twp native, Keith was a standout running back for Princeton University before playing professionally for New York Giants and Indianapolis Colts.
Body Builder Karen Santosuosso posing at the NPC National Figure Competition. This patient had Arthroscopic & Stem Cell knee surgery performed by Dr. Fox.
Derrick Lassic - Former NFL running back for the Cowboys and Panthers.
Frank Gibbons - Former N.J. Weightlifting Champion having had a biceps muscle rupture and repair by Dr. Fox.
James Lewis - Former University of Miami standout and New Jersey XTreme player; Dr. Fox performed successful surgery on Lewis' ruptured Achilles tendon, which extended his playing career.
Eric McCoo - Red Bank native McCoo was a standout running back at Penn State, went on to play football for Chicago Bears and Philadelphia Eagles.
Dr. Fox with former NJ Governor Christine Todd Whitman
Dr. Fox with Carl Banks, NYG, and George Young, Giants' GM
Dr. Fox with Coach Joe Lombardi, brother of legendary coach Vince Lombardi, and Coach Warren Wolf, Winningest HS Football Coach in NJ History.
Home | About Dr. Fox | Accolades | Athletes | News | Our Other Doctors | Our Locations
Knees | Back & Neck | Shoulder & Collarbone | Hand & Wrist | Foot & Ankle | Total Joint Replacements | Sports Medicine/Athletic Injuries |
Pain Management | Nerve Injuries | Joint Injections